Monday 31 January 2011

ITS MONDAY !!!!!



For those of you that are of a similar age to myself, you will of course remember more than one song that includes "Monday" in the title ...
I could have chosen The Bangles with "Just Another Manic Monday" or perhaps the rather iconic Boomtown Rats with "Tell me why I don't like Mondays". The latter of course will be forever attached to the eighties by the connection with Sir Bob and the Live Aid Event.

In the end my choice was influenced by my "Mad for it!" loyalty to a Mancunian connection. Although I never went to the infamous Hacienda club, Mrs RJR did.

Everyone has different feelings about Mondays, Some hate them, others Love them, my Dad tells me once you retire its hard to keep track of which day is Monday at all !

Perhaps one of the following fits you this Monday morning ?
  • the feeling of having to do it all over again.
  • the thoughts of what didn't get finished on Friday.
  • not spending time with those you spent the weekend with.
  • or the prospect of a new day and a new opportunity.
Whatever your mindset, the process of looking at 80's videos this morning brought me to this classic by Paul Young,


....which in turn reminded me of a failed night out to see one of his "comeback" shows a few years ago. It was dire ! He was more under the influence than influential, an hour late on stage and if it wasn't for an excellent lead guitar player, it would be impossible to tell one track from another.

The Moral...
Leave yesterday where it was and look forward to tomorrow, living today the best you can ...