Thursday 7 April 2011

F is for Follow

Firstly, thank you to those that are following RJR Daydreamer, I hope that you continue to find at least something's I write amusing, enlightening or better still a cause for reflection. If you have started following as a result of the current A-Z challenge I appreciate you joining us.


Now a question, how many blogs can you realistically follow? I have been working my way through the 1200+  on the challenge list, my technique is to scan a couple of posts, have a look at the profile and make a quick decision on whether to Follow. If something strikes a chord in the first couple of posts I will also make a comment. This has resulted in a pretty big increase in  the number of blogs I follow, but I have to be honest and say I have become more discerning in my selection. That is not to say I am being critical of those I don't choose, just that at this moment in time with so much choice they are not the most appealing to my taste.

When I log on now, I check the dashboard for new post on my following list and make comments if I have something to offer. I think at the end of the month I will have to review my list and thin it out a little  ? I say this because I cant see how I will be able to follow, in a worthwhile sense, the number of blogs I will probably select on my journey through April.

So to some of you that are old hands at this blogging thing, how many blogs is it practical to follow and keep yourself firmly anchored in the "Real" world ?